The Silver Bullet Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTT_Forgotten_Village

+5
Lorenzo666
Simmy
Jaggardz
The Danzor
mahoney
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TTT_Forgotten_Village - Page 2 Empty Re: TTT_Forgotten_Village

Post  Lorenzo666 Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:49 am

Maybe add a broken Tower of Pisa Style building? With a Gem and Traitor sniper room at the top?

That might be cool

Especially at night.
Lorenzo666
Lorenzo666

http://www.castellofamillymafia.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mahoney Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:34 am

Okay. Im gonna make a quick "To do" list so both I and you guys can see progress and future planned developments.
This will be in ascending order, the top items will be the next thing I do.

- Small Temple Chamber
- One more building which needs community input
- Traitor room in the underground crypt (Washington monument) - Will have a Traitor door similar to lost temple, except maybe instead of spikes, a drowning trap >;D
- Finish off the Washington Crypt (See above) + the four holes for bodies
- Add the other two gems to the map. They are planned to be as so; One in the "Small mayan temple", one in either the temple or the community buidling, and one in a guard tower (undecided)
- Add soundscapes and ambient sounds to give a realistic feel. Get the gem exchange system for the Traitor room and the staff exchange. Also get the 4bodies-for-a-gold-bar system working. (This one will be quite difficult, but the Gem system and the gold bar system are easy to implement with my knowledge of the triggers and logic gates.
- Finish the main map and add the buildings.
- Fix up lighting
- DONE Very Happy

And now for somewhat of a storyline which I thought up today whilst listening to music. It may be slightly crazy.

TTT_Forgotten_Village ( THE PLAYER MODEL WILL NOT BE TERRORISTS - IT WILL BE COUNTER TERRORISTS. SO IT ALL WORKS Wink)

After the accepted no-fly zone over the North African country of Libya in 2011, a small troop of 50 British soldiers were sent over, into the heart of Libya, in order to assist the rebels and provide care and assistance. Having been dropped 3 miles south of the no-fly zone in a military helicopter, the soldiers marched to the nearby rebel camp, and provided humanitary aid and military support against the oncoming Gaddafi supporters.
After a long struggle and multiple air strikes on the rebel base, the soldiers and rebels, retreated back into the desert, holding off attacks, day and night. The rebels and soldiers had difficulties in navigating the endless desert, and eventually stumbled upon a small area of what seemed to be Mayan architecture. Amazed by their discovery, the soldiers sent for reinforcements and a small team of archaeologists was dispatched to investigate the seemingly out of place Mesoamerican architecture in the Libyan desert.

They set up a small camp and watchtowers in order to prevent further Libyan attack, however the Libyan invasion was soon detered as Gadaffis army shrunk in size after the ensuing battles between European forces.

The intial appraisal of the find was over £100,000,000, and the archaeologists began to excavate the area for the British Museum. However, before any work could be done, violence broke out amongst the workers, who wanted the fame and riches to themselves; causing the excavation site to become a battle ground between the greed-stricken workers and the archaeologists.
Once the British government caught hold of a telephone call from the camp from a desperate archaeologist, a small squad of elite SAS soldiers were sent to investigate the matter and establish peace.

YOU are part of this elite squad, and having established peace, you must collect the precious gems scattered around the work site and find out the secrets which lie hidden in the sand. However, intelligence suggests that not everyone in the squad is as trustworthy as the British Government thought. Be careful, and if you can, try to find out who these dastardly members are, because they are out to sell off the gems to cheap Middle - Eastern markets for huge amounts of money, instead of keeping them in the British Museum where they belong.

Good luck, and watch your back. Trust no-one and if you can, kill these traitors before it is too late.

mahoney
mahoney
Admin

https://tsbclan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuckoo Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:33 am

TTT_Forgotten_Village - Page 2 6

THAT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!!
Cuckoo
Cuckoo

Back to top Go down

Post  mahoney Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:34 pm

Cuckoo wrote:
TTT_Forgotten_Village - Page 2 6

THAT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!!

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

:S
mahoney
mahoney
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuckoo Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:36 pm

You said yourself, "In the British Museum where they belong".
Cuckoo
Cuckoo

Back to top Go down

Post  mahoney Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:54 pm

Cuckoo wrote:You said yourself, "In the British Museum where they belong".

Oh okay haha.
Working on the Traitor room now. It will have a slot for entering in any gems you do find and a slot where "money" comes out which you can press E on to gain one credit Very Happy
Another feature is you can drop gems into various holes around the map and they will come out in a special deposit hole in the wall, so you can be sneaky with the gems rather than unsubtly carrying them around.
mahoney
mahoney
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuckoo Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:04 pm

How many gems are required next to how many are available? It would be somewhat poor if the traitors need only remove one gem to render the artifact unactivatable for the innocents.
Cuckoo
Cuckoo

Back to top Go down

Post  mahoney Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Cuckoo wrote:How many gems are required next to how many are available? It would be somewhat poor if the traitors need only remove one gem to render the artifact unactivatable for the innocents.

Good point. I think however, it would be fairly difficult for the Traitors to prevent the Innocents from winning.
On the other hand, you do need 4 bodies as well as two gems, but its not as far spread apart as lost temple. Perhaps if I make it so that only two of the three gems are needed, that one extra body will be needed in the small church type place.
mahoney
mahoney
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorenzo666 Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:42 pm

mahoney wrote:YOU are part of this elite squad, and having established peace, you must collect the precious gems scattered around the work site and find out the secrets which lie hidden in the sand. However, intelligence suggests that not everyone in the squad is as trustworthy as the British Government thought. Be careful, and if you can, try to find out who these dastardly members are, because they are out to sell off the gems to cheap Middle - Eastern markets for huge amounts of money, instead of keeping them in the British Museum where they belong.

Good luck, and watch your back. Trust no-one and if you can, kill these traitors before it is too late.

Make it so it only uses SAS Player Models pl0x.

Loving everything btw.
Lorenzo666
Lorenzo666

Back to top Go down

Post  mahoney Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:43 pm

Lorenzo666 wrote:
mahoney wrote:YOU are part of this elite squad, and having established peace, you must collect the precious gems scattered around the work site and find out the secrets which lie hidden in the sand. However, intelligence suggests that not everyone in the squad is as trustworthy as the British Government thought. Be careful, and if you can, try to find out who these dastardly members are, because they are out to sell off the gems to cheap Middle - Eastern markets for huge amounts of money, instead of keeping them in the British Museum where they belong.

Make it so it only uses SAS Player Models pl0x.

Loving everything btw.

I am, its already done
Read the bit above the story, it says that im gonna use the SAS CSS model Very Happy

Should be a nice change from the usual Terrorist model and instead the Innocents actually are Innocent! (Rather than normal terrorists)
mahoney
mahoney
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuckoo Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:52 pm

It is funny to think that in usual games, The Innocents are the bad guys. The Traitor is the one who has had a change of heart and wants to put things right. The Detective is just a tyrant, and an unwelcome reminder of the sordid business we engage in.

But here we get to play British special forces. Hooray!

Is it MI6 or something? Or is the British Museum branching out into armed warfare?
Cuckoo
Cuckoo

Back to top Go down

Post  mahoney Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:00 pm

Haha, dont ask me, its in the future, but as you said, it will be cool to have a different outlook to the game.

I guess you could say they're SAS soldiers with a thirst for L33T archaeology
mahoney
mahoney
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuckoo Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:02 pm

Not awfully far into the future. You really did get lucky with the whole world-affairs thing fitting into your map.
Cuckoo
Cuckoo

Back to top Go down

Post  mahoney Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:06 pm

Cuckoo wrote:Not awfully far into the future. You really did get lucky with the whole world-affairs thing fitting into your map.

Haha, yeah I thought I would take advantage of some newspaper knowledge xD

Thought the whole Libyan desert was too convienient not to use. And the Mayan architecture in Libya? xD

Supposed to be a bit like sci-fi, ya know. A lost mayan tribe or something OR ALIENS :O. Sort of links up with that really crappy recent Indiana Jones film I saw. The crystal skull. God that movie sucked. I mean, aliens in Indiana Jones? justwtfboom
mahoney
mahoney
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  peTeR Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:19 pm

You have to teach me how to do this! Wink
I'd love to be able to make a map with such a high quality as yours Very Happy
I fail at making anything which isn't a block! Razz
agghggh RAAAAAAAGEEE
peTeR
peTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorenzo666 Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:18 am

mahoney wrote:
Cuckoo wrote:Not awfully far into the future. You really did get lucky with the whole world-affairs thing fitting into your map.

Haha, yeah I thought I would take advantage of some newspaper knowledge xD

Thought the whole Libyan desert was too convienient not to use. And the Mayan architecture in Libya? xD

Supposed to be a bit like sci-fi, ya know. A lost mayan tribe or something OR ALIENS :O. Sort of links up with that really crappy recent Indiana Jones film I saw. The crystal skull. God that movie sucked. I mean, aliens in Indiana Jones? justwtfboom

@red That's what happens in the first Aliens Versus Predator film, they find a Mayan temple IN THE FRICKING ARTCTIC!

@green They killed it by using Aliens, they shoulda stuck with religious myths coming true............

Anywho, loving it. Like I said, change the Map to Nighttime with some underground lights and a generator for the towers and it could be pretty epic. Especially if you add a Tallish structure with a Traitor Sniper room at the top, like my ruins of Pisa idea.

Lorenzo666
Lorenzo666

Back to top Go down

Post  Simmy Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:35 am

Niceee

How far in the future? Because i found this Which i guess would match the Future and the L33T Stuff idea? xD
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=76713
Simmy
Simmy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuckoo Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:16 am

It's not that far in the future, Simmy. Mahoney's backgrounds says the game takes place just after the Libya conflict.
Cuckoo
Cuckoo

Back to top Go down

Post  mahoney Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:13 am

Cuckoo wrote:It's not that far in the future, Simmy. Mahoney's backgrounds says the game takes place just after the Libya conflict.

Yup. So no crazy future shit like that model Simmy xD.

Also, Lorenzo, its not going to be nighttime im afraid, because otherwise its just gonna be too dark to play. I will add some sort of sandy haze so that it has a realistic feel and a nice soundscape of sand
mahoney
mahoney
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mahoney Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:42 pm

A late update, as recently instead of working on this, I was working on the Traitor room, which is now FINISHED. I will post some screenshots, but it is fully functional.

Here is the normal Temple pic. View the direct link because its less squished.

Here it is:
NORMAL SIZED TEMPLE HD AWESOMENESS

- TO ADD
Small table type altar in the corner
Traitor room teleporter

TTT_Forgotten_Village - Page 2 2r22f4w

Last edited by mahoney on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:52 am; edited 2 times in total
mahoney
mahoney
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuckoo Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:10 pm

Unless it's just me, it appears the link you gave is equally squished. None the less, superb work.
Cuckoo
Cuckoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorenzo666 Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:19 am

Cuckoo wrote:Unless it's just me, it appears the link you gave is equally squished. None the less, superb work.

Just you bro.

Keep up the good work Mahoney, I would love to see this on the server!
Lorenzo666
Lorenzo666

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum